Inventory Lead Description and Instructions
Job Announcement: Store Inventory Lead
Please save a Mud Bay application and e-mail your completed copy to HR@mudbay.com or FAX materials to 360-352-0929 or mail materials to Mud Bay Home Office, 3045 32ndAvenue SW, Tumwater, WA 98512. (Note: This application may not save when using a Mac.)
This position requires a shift that starts very early in the morning -- 5 a.m. If you are interested, please send a resume and cover letter describing how you would be a good fit for both the position and Mud Bay.
Position open until filled. Prompt response recommended.
If you have any questions, please e-mail HR.
Job Description: Inventory Lead
The Store Inventory Lead is one of two positions that assist the Retail Store Manager in leading Mud Bay's stores. The Inventory Lead's particular focus is the effectiveness and accuracy of the flow of inventory into and out of the store. The Inventory Lead works closely with the Retail Store Manager, members of Inventory & Merchandising Group and Distribution Group, vendors and store staff to identify, understand and solve a variety of inventory problems and issues. The Inventory Lead stands in for the Store Manager when the Store Manager, Shift Lead and/or Manager-in-Training are unavailable.
- Inventory receiving documents are 100% accurate.
- On hand quantities are correct.
- Retail Store is fully stocked. Shares accountability with Buyers.
- The store operates successfully (accountability shared with Retail Store Manager and Shift Lead).
- Receiving, feed-busting and restocking are done accurately, efficiently, safely, on-time and using the correct procedures in a fun and happy Mud Bay way.
- On every delivery morning, the store is clean, stocked and free of receiving detritus when it opens.
- Every stock-out of a food, litter or other high-demand item is filled as quickly as is practical. Accountability shared with Buyers.
- Communication with the Retail Store Manager, store staff, the Inventory & Merchandising Group and Distribution Group is clear, complete, useful and timely.
- Customers can easily see an accurate price for everything that's for sale in the store.
- Lead every receiving shift (except when on vacation or sick leave)
- Provide leadership, education and feedback to ensure that receiving, feed-busting and restocking are done accurately, efficiently, safely, on-time using the correct procedures
- Complete inventory paperwork and communication (i.e. Receivers, Unsellable Items Reports) in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure that everything for sale in the store can be accurately rung up (coordinate with Inventory & Merchandising Group as necessary).
- Communicate/work with Store Manager, store staff, Inventory & Merchandising Group, Distribution Group and vendors to answer questions and solve problems related to inventory.
- Provide a model of superb Mud Bay-style customer-staff interactions
- Maintain a complete and current understanding of all aspects of store inventory management
- Keep Retail Store Manager and other store staff informed about the arrival of new items and discontinuation of current inventory items
- Identify and report on items that don't scan correctly
- Perform/direct routine, accurate cycle counts that include everything in the store
- Order and receive samples
- Review and revise stocking levels using the inventory management principles developed by the Inventory & Merchandising Group and Distribution Group
- Process returns in a timely, accurate and complete manner
- Process special orders in a timely, accurate and complete manner
- Ensure that the store is pest-free and rodent-free. Accountability shared with Facilities Manager.
- Seeks perfection and has the ability to do detailed work with high levels of accuracy.
- The ability to repeatedly lift and carry 50 pound loads.
- The ability to lead by example, by teaching and by directing others.
- Tenacity and dependability--an inner commitment to following through.
- Strong math and reasoning skills.
- Effective decision-making and great judgment.
- The ability and desire to make working early in the morning part of a happy, functional personal schedule
- Effective communication skills.
- Proficiency (or ability to become so) with Excel and Retail.net (POS).
- A sense of humor.
Mud Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to Careers